The publication of the KBAM Special Issue has been postponed to 2023 due to delays in the peer-review processes and technical problems.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Language: Manuscript is prepared in English language.
- Author Information: Full names, e-mail addresses, ORCID iD’s and other affiliations of the authors are given in the Title Page properly.
- Suitable for double-blind peer review process: There are no author names, acknowledgements or any other notes that can be provide information about authors included in the Manuscript file.
- References: Both the in-text citations and the reference list follow the APA referencing system.
- Signed by all authors (Cover Letter): The Cover Letter is properly prepared and contains the signatures of all authors.
- Signed by all authors (Copyright Transfer Form): The Copyright Transfer Form is properly prepared and contains the signatures of all authors.
- The Title Page has been prepared according to its template, and uploaded as a .doc/.docx file.
- The Manuscript Submission File has been prepared according to its template, and uploaded as a .doc/.docx file.
- The Cover Letter has been uploaded as .pdf file.
- The Copyright Transfer Form has been uploaded as .pdf file.
Memory of Places
1. The International Journal of Architecture and Planning (ICONARP) open access articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDeriatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). This license lets the author to share (copy and redistribute) his/her article in any medium or format.
2. ICONARP cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms. Under the following terms:
The author must give appropriate credit, provide a link to ICONARP, and indicate if changes were made on the article. The author may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the ICONARP endorses the author or his/her use.
The author may not use the article for commercial purposes.
If the author remix, transform, or build upon the article, s/he may not distribute the modified material.
The author may share print or electronic copies of the Article with colleagues.
The author may use the Article within his/her employer’s institution or company for educational or research purposes, including use in course packs.
3. The author authorizes the International Journal of Architecture and Planning (ICONARP) to exclusively publish online his/her Article, and to post his/her biography at the end of the article, and to use the articles.
4. The author agrees to the International Journal of Architecture and Planning (ICONARP) using any images from the Article on the cover of the Journal, and in any marketing material.
5. As the author, copyright in the Article remains in his/her name.
6. All papers should be submitted electronically. All submitted manuscripts must be original work that is not under submission at another journal or under consideration for publication in another form, such as a monograph or chapter of a book. Authors of submitted papers are obligated not to submit their paper for publication elsewhere until an editorial decision is rendered on their submission. Further, authors of accepted papers are prohibited from publishing the results in other publications that appear before the paper is published in the Journal.
Open Access and Transparency
Quality and transparency is at the heart of what ICONARP does.
ICONARP has strongly adopted the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing set by DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals).
This journal will NEVER:
- Ask authors to pay a submission fee
- Ask authors to pay an APC (article processing charge) for OA publication prior to acceptance
- Publish works in exchange for gifts or money
- Falsely claim to represent another person or entity
- Use your data without consent.
This journal will:
- Ensure your published paper is double-blind peer reviewed
- Ensure accepted works are published, hosted and made discoverable via the ICONARP OJS platform
- Assign DOIs to accepted work and preserve the published version of record via digital preservation archiving schemes (LOCKSS)
- Act in accordance with the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in dealing with matters of ethical misconduct.
ICONARP is an Open Access Journal which presents its content freely for online researches with the aim of contributing to the global exchange of knowledge. ICONARP believes that providing free online access ensures a wider spectrum of research base and reading rate to develop the related literature.
Open Access (OA) provides unlimited access and reuse opportunities which make research publications freely available online. The open access therefore creates the network for reaching the widest possible audience, sharing the entire works and building upon them. The main goal of ICONARP is to contribute the culture of scientific publications in the field of Architecture, Planning and Design.
ICONARP supports the definition of ''Open Access'' according to Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) which is:
Its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain, should be to give authors control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited.